StreamVX is continuously open for talents and geeks, who are able to contribute to the company’s growth. The company’s top class professionals would like to invite you to take the next step and move into the future of the video industry. Join the Stream! We invest in career development, workplace equipment and well-being activities, in order to adapt work to your life.
Recruitment processes at StreamVX consists of three steps, and lasts for up to one week:
- Phone call with Kasia - our HR Manager, when you will be scheduled for a meeting with Kasia and one of the team members. The meeting is either online or in person in our Gdansk office.
- Interview, when you will receive more details about the company, our team, and the technology sector we operate within. You may be asked to perform a short task after the interview, which lets us see you in action when it comes to technology expertise.
- A fireside interview with our CEO, Szymon, who will discuss your future in StreamVX. If you succeed, we are more than happy to welcome you on the next business day.
- Conducting functional tests of software products developed by engineering team, including assessing completeness, correctness, stability, and compliance with all other products within the vxOS ecosystem.
- Conducting performance tests of software products developed by engineering team, including standard load stability, overload conditions, stress-tests, and hardware resources utilization.
- Conducting reliability tests of software products developed by engineering team, including assessing tolerance to user errors, and video signal errors - discontinuity, incorrect packets (TCP) or segment (UDP) ordering, issues regarding video frames (HLS, MPEG-DASH, MPEG-TS ).
- Taking part in designing, developing, and expanding software products, in cooperation with Chief Architect.
- Conducting validation tests of video manifests available via real-time streaming (HLS and MPEG-DASH).
- Conducting connectivity tests of network flows among the products, and either other software solutions or appliances within the client's ecosystem, including the following network protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, SFTP, SRT, HLS, RTMP, RTSP, WebRTC, MPEG-DASH.
- (optional) Preparing requirements for infrastructure resources (number of vCPUs, RAM, HD, network interfaces) for software products, based on performance tests for ICT ecosystems developed for clients, and solutions within the video industry
Your skills and assets:
- Professional experience in testing software products, both back-end and front-end perspectives.
- Practical knowledge of test automation tools, such as Selenium (preferred) / Selenide / Appium / Cypress.
- Expertise when it comes to running performance tests, including working with infrastructure resources.
- Familiarity with Linux-based operating systems, especially Fedora distribution.
- Working experience of CI/CD tools, as well as container orchestration such as Docker, Swarm.
- Good knowledge of the SQL query language.
- Understanding of the software life cycle and development, including methodologies used during software development - agile (Scrum) and waterfall methodologies, Kanban.
- Practical knowledge and experience of technologies in the areas of video streaming, DVB, OTT, and IPTV distribution would be a significant asset.
- Knowledge of tools for managing oneself and teamwork (ClickUp, ActiveCollab, etc.) would be an advantage
- Technical education in computer science or any similar field would be beneficial.
- Any knowledge of Golang and its libraries would also be an advantage.
- Practical knowledge of network engineering and microservice architecture of ICT
- A very good knowledge of English in speaking and writing, including technical phrases and industry terms.
- Familiarity with online tools designed to manage your own workload, and tasks distributed within the team (ClickUp, ActiveCollab, Jira, Asana etc.) would be a plus.
- Determined, consistent and conscientious when it comes to work-related duties.
- An ability to be meticulous when it comes to details, and able to act independently if required.
- Confident to articulate opinions, and able to work under pressure with deadlines.
- Willing to support the engineering team in delivering high-quality products.
- Passionate with agile methodologies and persistent to fluctuating requirements :)
- Sherlock Holmes, or any other detective, alike approach and mindset :)
We will be happy to welcome you into our team! If any of the above points are not your strongest asset - we will help you develop your previous experience. Your Team Leader will give you feedback if there is any knowledge or skills that need to be mastered further. Together you will also determine the time frames needed to implement these newly improved skills and translate them into your professional duties. We want you to be responsible and independent. We appreciate a positive attitude, team spirit and friendly atmosphere.
StreamVX makes the streaming revolution happen. As a software product company, we partner with content providers - platforms, telcos, pay-TV operators and TV broadcasters. We put all the cables needed by the video industry into a server. With 25+ years in the video industry, and a passionate team of 30 video and streaming geeks - we are changing the industry by moving old school appliances to software solutions. StreamVX works with TOP industry players such as Canal+, Toya and Nielsen.
We offer a flat structure and believe that the opinion of each and every employee matters. Indeed, StreamVX believes that autonomy, and independence are really important motivating factors. Check the 64 perks that you get when working for the company. We sorted them into three groups so you can easily scroll through.
Professional development - stay competitive throughout the contract.
- Internal training - we share knowledge on a regular basis.
- A-class office with air conditioning and our own server room, 24/7/365.
- Flexible time - our day starts at 09:15 CET.
- Ergonomic and electrically adjustable standing desks.
- Executive chairs with up to 21 adjustable options, plus footrest.
- Modern 32-inch monitors, up to three per workstation.
- MacBook Pro, Dell, or HP – your choice.
- Wireless keyboard, laptop stand, gaming mouse, and closed earphones.
- Healthcare package - medical card - up to 44 medical fields covered.
- Healthcare packages for families and children - with 3270 clinics across Poland.
- Multisport card - up to 4500 sport facilities, and a range of 25 activities.
- Life insurance - up to 680 000 PLN.
- Fully equipped kitchen: coffee machines, toaster, microwave oven, kettle, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, three tables so the whole team can sit down together.
- 11 types of soft drinks, energy drinks, juices.
- A selection of donuts, cakes, and candy.
- Company branded merch - hoodies, t-shirts, shirts.
- Relocation assistance.
Other benefits - what else can make you happy?
- No dress code - literally, shirts, hoodies, flip flops - you're welcome.
- Chill zone with full sized sofa, four bean bags for relaxing and four coffee tables.
- Pizza days, office parties, gaming competitions, team building events
- PS5 with a 40-inch display and racing chair fully equipped.
- Full drum set with sticks and electronic control panel.
- Office machines for private use - printer, scanner, shredder.
- CSR activities - we are a social investor of Szlachetna Paczka
Do you want to work and live in Gdansk? We offer relocation assistance.
What does it mean to work for StreamVX in Gdansk?
- The office is located three kilometers from the sea.
- 1500 meters from Tricity Landscape Park with forests.
- 20 km from Otominskie Lake, part of the Kashubian Lake District.
If you need more details, have any questions, or just want to send your CV - Kasia is here for you: firstname.lastname@example.org
StreamVX will only contact those candidates that have been chosen for the selection process.
Furthermore, StreamVX will only inform selected candidates about the position being filled.